According to my online research, 24,000 people visited the opening night at last year's Enlighten Night Noodle Markets.
Over the 10 days, 156,510 Canberrans ate their way through nearly 25,000 gyoza, 258kg of nutella and 1,050 litres of gelato from 15 stalls!
This year, organisers promise the markets will be bigger and better than before - with 25 stalls spanning across both sides of the grass at Reconciliation Place.
Last year, lines were long and it was difficult to see what food the stallholders were offering. There's a chance the lines will be shorter and spread out over 10 more stalls, but it might be negated by the fact more people will show up this year.
Whatever the case, think of this as your insurance plan. I'm all about mitigating the risk I won't get to eat fabulous food and reducing my #fomo.
It's exciting to see 10 Canberra restaurants participating in the Night Noodle Markets. But I'm even more excited to try food from across the country without the transport costs of getting there!
So I've done some instagram stalking to show you what might be on offer at the markets - so you can decide which line is worth committing potentially 30 minutes of your night for!
Quite a few of the interstate stalls were also at the Sydney Lunar Markets earlier this year. This is what they served (and quite possibly what they will be serving in Canberra):
Bao Stop (Taiwanese and Chinese cuisine)
- Braised Pork Belly Gua Bao
- Fried Chicken Gua Bao
- Peking Duck Gua Bao
- Fried Tofu Gua Bao
- Peking Duck Fries
- Xo Chicken Bowl
- Braised Pork Belly Burger
Black Star Pastry and N2 Extreme Gelato
- Gong Xi Fai Cai Cake Smash (V) - Strawberry Watermelon Cake Smash With Fire Crackers
- Hipster Cookies and Cream (V) - Almond and Pineapple Gelato With Almond Sesame Cookie
Everybody Loves Ramen (Japanese Fusion)
- Noodle Battered Chicken Burger
- Ramen Fried Chicken
Hoy Pinoy (Filipino)
- Inihaw Na Manok - BBQ Chicken Skewer
- Inihaw Na Baboy - BBQ Pork Skewer
- Kanin (GF) (V) - Steamed Rice With Atachara
Kiyamachi Tei (Japanese)
- Yakisoba (V)
- Yakisoba buns (V)
Lets Do Yum Cha (Chinese)
- BBQ Pork Bun, Har Gow, Prawn & Chive
- Chicken Dim Sim, Pork Dim Sim, Vege Dumpling and Spring Roll
- Mango Pancake
- Chicken Pad Thai (GF)
- Vegetarian Pad See-Ew (V)
- Massaman Beef Curry
- Satay Chicken Curry
Thai In a Box
- Chicken Pad Thai
- Chilli Jam Chicken with rice
- Pad See Ew with hokkien Noodles (V)
- Small Bites
Waffle on a Stick
- Nutella Delight (V) - with Warm Nutella & Icing Sugar
- Sesame Delight (V) - with Maple, Sesame & Icing Sugar
- Lychee Delight (V) - with caramel & Icing sugar
- Chocolate Delight (V) - with Melted Chocolate & Icing Sugar
Other stalls that will be at the Night Noodle Markets
- Chairman & Yip
- Donburi Station
- East Street Canberra
- Korean chips on a stick
- Mini pancakes
- Miss Vans
- Mr. Papa
- Soi Noodle Bar
- Teppanyaki Noodles
- Thirst Wine Bar
As with my advice for the Multicultural festival and all large-scale outdoor market events - bring lots of cash, patience and a sense of adventure!
Check out my article on last year's Night Noodle Markets!
What are you excited about trying? Let me know in the comments below!