Good Food Month in Canberra was the month of March. I was lucky enough to be invited to a few of the feature events and I put together a little video of my experiences.
Kitchen Garden Party with Matt Moran at Pialligo Estate
The menu was developed from recipes taken out of Moran's latest cookbook, Matt's Kitchen Garden.
- Kingfish sashimi, radishes, chive aioli
- Confit duck leg
- Slow-cooked lamb, hummus, tomato salad, mint salsa
- Quinoa, cucumber, cherry tomato and feta salad
- Green beans, confit shallot, fried capers
- Baked spiced pumpkin, lime roasted almonds, pickled jalapenos
- Knickerbocker Glory
WHERE: Pialligo Estate; 18 Kallaroo Rd, Pialligo
WHEN: March 13; 12pm
COST: $190 includes 4 courses, wine and a copy of Matt’s Kitchen Garden
Seafood dinner at C Dine
5 course degustation menu:
- Vegemite and soy kingfish sashimi, sriracha and mayo house-smoked salmon, and natural oysters
- Balmain bug and raclette souffle, saffron sauce
- Lobster roll, flying fish, caviar, shaved celery, dill aioli
- Slow poached salmon, fromage blanc cigars, pickled eshallots
- Bomb Alaska with fig ice cream in the centre and white choc chip crumb
WHERE: 17/19 Eastlake Parade, Kingston
WHEN: Mar 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24, 29, 31; 06:00pm - 10:30pm
COST: $85; includes a 5-course degustation $110; includes a 5-course degustation with matching wines
Bar Lourinha Hits Monster
Brothers Sean and Matt McConnell showed off their signature dishes alongside matched wines (or mocktails).
- Olives, orange and thyme
- Almonds and spice
- Sydney rock oysters
- Lardo 'Bocadillo'
- Kingfish Pancetta
- Stracciatella, plum, ortiz anchovy, watercress
- Fried pig's head, anchovy mayonnaise, fennel
- Spiced chickpeas and spinach
- Mulloway, mallorquina, almond, pickled fennel
- Rabbit, morcilla, broccoli, crispy tripe
- Churros, dulche de leche
- Boozy quince, burnt fig, cocoa nib, hot cross bun ice cream
Don't forget to subscribe to The Food Avenue for more foodie adventures in Canberra and beyond!
The Food Avenue dined as a guest of Good Food Month at these events.