Whenever Autumn rolls around, I always crave pumpkin soup. The Pumpkin Festival at Collector is coming up and pumpkin soup is the perfect way to use up all the pumpkins you bring back! It’s a hearty and comforting soup, consisting pretty much of three ingredients. Add a crusty baguette and you’ve got a simple and easy lunch or dinner option.
· Half a butternut pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
· 2 cups chicken stock
· ½ tsp cinnamon or nutmeg
· ½ tbsp sour cream (optional)
· Pumpkin seeds for garnish
1. Place pumpkin and stock in a saucepan. Bring to the boil.
2. Simmer until pumpkin is soft and falling apart (about 20 mins).
3. Use stick blender to blend completely.
4. Stir in cinnamon or nutmeg.
5. Serve in a bowl. Dollop sour cream on top and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
Serves 2. Enjoy!